The Sumitomo Riko Group Corporate Action Charter
In our efforts to realize the Vision of the Sumitomo Riko Group, we position CSR that consistently creates value at the heart of our management and the Sumitomo Riko Group Corporate Action Charter is the basis of the Group’s CSR activities.
To contribute to realizing the sustainable development of society in harmony with people and the Earth, we act in line with the following 10 principles.
- Commitment to customers and realize as sustainable society.
- Fair business practices.
- Dialogue with stakeholders, information disclosure, and information management.
- Respect for human rights.
- Decent workplace.
- Global environment.
- Social contribution.
- Respect for international norms of behaviour and good relations with the community.
- Risk management and crisis management.
- Initiatives of top management and implementation of the Charter.
Materiality of SumiRiko Poland
SumiRiko Poland bases its corporate action on the two main principles of respect for human rights (“a company that values all people”), and compliance (“a company that abides by laws, regulations and the international code of conduct”), and places emphasis on the four themes of safety, environment, quality and contribution to society in the work we do.
In line with defined materiality as described above and with reference to the ISO26000 standard, SumiRiko Poland has defined its major stakeholders as below.
The Sumitomo Riko Group is developing and operating a compliance structure based on the Sumitomo Spirit with the aim of practicing management that meets the expectations of all stakeholders by creating social values with enhancement of our corporate value and public value. We are placing particular importance on responding to the risk of violating laws and regulations accompanying the globalization of business and development in new fields and creating an open and transparent corporate culture that forms the foundation of compliance.
The Business Conduct Guidelines contain the basic rules and principles for the conduct within the company and in relation to the external partners and stakeholders.
They define how to perceive the ethical and legal responsibility as a company and contain specific requirements for instance for
- fair trade (compliance with antitrust laws),
- prohibition of money laundering,
- elimination of antisocial forces,
- prevention of bribery,
- respect of human rights and diversity,
- prohibition of conflict of interest,
- quality and safety, information security,
- co-existence and co-prosperity with communities and society,
- Information on hotlines, etc.
Brief CSR Report - this is where you can find out about our approach to social responsibility, what our objectives are, what we do and what the results are. The report is also a valuable source of information for us in identifying our strengths and weaknesses and how we can develop and review our objectives
If you have any questions about the our CSR activities, please contact: